Preview Mode Links will not work in preview mode

The Venue Podcast

Nov 13, 2019

Thank you for listening to another episode of The Venue Podcast. This episode is all about contracts and agreements for venues. You’ll hear me reference my lawyer, Paige Hulse, quite a bit throughout.

Paige’s contracts are what I use to protect all of my businesses as well as my clients’ businesses. Paige has an online template shop which is where you can purchase any or all of the contracts we mention in today’s episode.

Just go to and you can use code Lindsaylucas10 at check out for 10% off your purchase.


5 Legal Agreements:


The Multi-Member LLC Operating Agreement or the Single-Member LLC Operating Agreement - if you haven’t set up your business structure yet you’ll need to choose one of these, not both. If your company will have multiple members then choose the Multi-Member LLC Operating Agreement.


Please note this is highlighted in yellow but is only required if you have NOT set up your business structure yet and if your business will be structured as an LLC. If you’d like to learn more about operating agreements go here.


Privacy Policy - if your website has or will have a contact form where you collect visitor information such as name, contact information or email address then this is required by law to be linked on your website. A good place for your privacy policy is linked in the footer of your website.


Terms and Conditions - this is not legally required but I highly recommend having this contract linked in the footer of your website as well because it governs how visitors are allowed to use content from your site if at all. In other words, it helps to protect you from copycats. If you’d like to learn more I encourage you to read this blog post.


Termination Agreement - Unfortunately, there may come a time when you may need to let a team member go and this agreement covers things such as settlement fees and protects you from potential slander.


Independent Contractor Agreement - most venues' first hire will be classified as an independent contractor in which case you’ll need to have them sign this agreement.